On behalf of the Parsippany-Troy Hills Board of Education, I would like you to know that the Board is committed to delivering the best possible education to all of our students; and that it is an honor and privilege to serve the children and community of Parsippany-Troy Hills.
The Board of Education is made up of nine members who are elected by registered voters of Parsippany-Troy Hills Township. Members are elected to three-year terms. The Board President and Vice-President are elected by the majority vote of their fellow Board members.
- Board members voluntarily and generously contribute their time and expertise to the district. They do not receive any payment or benefits for their service. We are fortunate to have specialists from several professional fields represented on our Board.
- In addition to their attendance at public board meetings and committee meetings; Board members are also required to attend NJSBA (New Jersey School Boards Association) training sessions.
- Members of the current Board: have attended our schools; had children who graduated from Parsippany-Troy Hills Township Public Schools; and have children or grandchildren who currently attend our schools. Our decisions affect not only your family, but our own as well.
- Board members have no legal authority, except when acting as a group at official Board meetings.
- Your Board works hard to deliver the best education that it can within the financial constraints imposed by the State of New Jersey.
I encourage you to become an active participant in your child’s education. Become part of your child’s school PTA; volunteer your time & talents; and, most importantly, stay informed of the happenings not only in your school, but, within the District. Help make Parsippany-Troy Hills an even better place for children to learn and grow!
Email the Board
A parent or member of the community who wishes to express an opinion on an issue or who has a concern should follow the established protocol found at Problem Solving – Communications is the Key. If after following the problem solving protocols you find you would still like to contact the Board of Education members, the entire Board of Education may be emailed at Board@pthsd.net. Board members may also be reached individually following his or her individual information posted on this website’s Board of Education page.
Please note that the Board is a policy setting body and is not responsible for the administration of the District. The Superintendent, who is the executive member of the Board of Education and Chief Executive Officer, is responsible for implementing District policies, overseeing day-to-day administration and operations, and addressing problems. The Superintendent can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 973-263-7200.
Please note that all written, email and text communications to Board members about Board business become a part of the public record and can be accessed by the public using the Open Public Records Act (OPRA). All communication about Board business to Board members' personal email addresses, social media accounts and cell phones are part of the public record and can be made public under OPRA.
School Board Basics: Frequently Asked Questions
Group email - Board@pthsd.net
Mr. Frank Neglia, President (2018)
Mr. Andrew Choffo, Vice-President (2017)
Mr. Timothy Berrios (2017)
Mr. George Blair (2017)
Mr. Joseph Cistaro (2019)
Mrs. Alison Cogan (2019)
Mrs. Susy Golderer (2018)
Mr. Nicholas Kumburis (2019)
Mrs. Judy Mayer (2018)